Pages

Friday, October 7, 2016

Leigh Square Residency 1st week

The first week of my two month long artist residency at Leigh Square in Port Coquitlam was very productive. 

I managed to finish off the warps on two of the looms that I need for a workshop in two weeks. I've been procrastinating since June, thinking that "I have lots of time" and now the workshop is just two weeks away! 

The first one is the left over warp from AD's white blanket. I usually like to use a lot of colour in my weavings, but I loved how the blanket turned out so much that I decided to stay with the (mostly) white colour scheme.


I also finished an orange/white warp in yellow/orange/pink - it matches the colours in the room where I'm working perfectly!


I also made a few woven CDs. I've seen photos of projects made with masses of woven CDs and they look amazing. I have a community event (Living Room Art in the Heights) coming up in a few weeks and I think it would be fun to create a woven CD artwork with the attendees during the event.



Next Wednesday (10:30-12:30, $5) I'll be doing the first of three community workshops. We'll be making felt beads.


There is an exhibit with lots of Mongolian felted items as well as some fantastic photographs of the Mongolian countryside and people at Leigh Square right now. I love that connection to the work I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment