Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

Port Coquitlam Artist Residency

Tomorrow is my first official day as "Artist in Residence" at Leigh Square Community Arts Village in Port Coquitlam. In October and November, I'll be there on Wednesdays and Thursdays working on my weaving and other community projects. On Wednesday mornings (10:30-12:30), I'll be hosting textile based open studios. Bring a project to work on (weaving, spinning, knitting, stitching etc - anything as long as it isn't too terribly messy) and come and hang out.

Earlier this week, I spent some time setting up their floor loom. I'll be working with people to create a woven banner that celebrates "The Gifts of Community". Everyone is most welcome to come by and add a bit of weaving to the banner. We'll be starting the banner on October 1st during Culture Days. I'll be there with the loom from noon - 3pm in the Workroom. Stop by if you are in the area.


I'll have some of my wearable art pieces there as well including these wrist cuffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment